Finding extraordinary magic in ordinary life

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Week #4



Early Morning - Mt. Diablo

It's official - I'm a crazy person with a camera! Here in Northern California we had a glorious rainy week. Wednesday I was driving to work, sitting at a red light, waiting to enter the freeway when the quality of the light through the fog and the streaks of lights on the pavement overtook me. Before I knew what was happening I had rolled down my window and had my camera up to my eye. With only a few moments to try to capture in my camera what had captured my eyes and heart I clicked away. Soon the light changed, I laid the camera carefully down on the seat next to me and rolled the window back up. 

A few minutes later I found myself again fighting the urge to pull out my camera to capture the incredible images before me. The hills were glowing with the hint of the new day sun . I might be crazy but even I don't stop and pull over on Highway 4 to take pictures. I saw a road that meandered around the side of a hill off to my right and quickly took the next exit. Not knowing where I was heading I carefully starting climbing the hill on a road that was not much more than a paved path. I parked the car and looked down the valley. Sunrise on Mt. Diablo. So maybe I am a little crazy but it is so worth it!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beginner's Eye | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig