Finding extraordinary magic in ordinary life

Sunday, May 3, 2015

Week #18 Photo Challenge


Reflections 

"I believe to be good at anything, even those things we love most, requires discipline. Because growth happens when we hit our limits (and our limits are either at the edge of our comfort zone or the furthest extent of our current ability), it is discipline that gets us past the natural boundary."
David Duchemin - Photograph - issue 12

Lately, I have been at a place with my photography where I was feeling stuck. I knew that I needed to keep going out every day with my camera and keep at it - but I just wasn't connecting with my images.   This week, while I was down in Palm Springs, something shifted. I was able to use my camera in a way that contributed to my ability to capture what I saw - I stopped fighting my camera and started to be one with my camera. This experience seems to reflect what David Duchemin is saying above. Growth happens when we hit our limits. 

Lessons learned? Just keep at it - even when you feel like you have hit the "creative wall".


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beginner's Eye | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig