Finding extraordinary magic in ordinary life

Sunday, January 6, 2019

My Ode To Georgia O’Keeffe - Week #1

While in Taos I visited the historical mission church at Rancho de Taos. Georgia O’Keeffe painted this church while in Taos as did many other artists before and after her. Only when she painted the church she painted a fragment of the mission wall silhouetted against the dark blue sky - capturing the essence of the church in a new way.

“I often painted fragments of things because it seemed to make my statement as well as or better than the whole could ...I had created an equivalent for what I felt about what I was looking at .... not copy it”.
Georgia O’Keeffe



Here is my interpretation of the same scene.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beginner's Eye | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig