Finding extraordinary magic in ordinary life

Saturday, April 4, 2015

Week #14 Photo Challenge


Garden Art


I just came back from a Garden Photography class at the Ruth Bancroft Garden. The teachers for the class were John Ricca and Richard Valenti . Both of the instructors were patient and encouraging as we spent the morning exploring this wonderful garden. We were encouraged to try new skills and both John and Richard were always available to walk us through a new approach or give us feedback on our photos.  

One of the reasons I took this particular class was that I wanted to try making abstracts using these succulents. I had noticed on John's site that he also looks at nature in abstract ways and I was excited to learn more of how he set up the technical part of his shots. I was not disappointed and feel like I finished the class with some new knowledge and techniques. Besides all that, it was fun to meet some new people and share a morning together.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beginner's Eye | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig